The Fleur and Charles Bresler Residency at VisArts invites applications and proposals from local, national and international artists for an 8 week residency at VisArts at Rockville. The Residency offers artists a dedicated studio, a supportive environment and the gift of time to plan, research, construct and present proposed projects. The Residency welcomes artists working in all media, but cannot support the use of hazardous materials that require specific ventilation requirements.
The Fleur and Charles Bresler Residency at VisArts offers:
- 169 square foot studio with large windows, sink
- Wireless internet access
- 24-hour access to studio
- Opportunity for presentation to the community
Application Deadline: Sunday, December 31, 2014 before midnight
*Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications are now being accepted for the following residency periods:
- August 5 – October 5, 2015
(Note: Applicants must indicate two preferred residency dates (1st & 2nd choice)
Applications must include:
- Bresler Residency Application Form
- 5 to 10 work samples from the last 3 years. Work samples can be a combination of high resolutions and time-based media (*up to 10 minutes total).
- Send images/video via DVD or CD.
- If you would like your DVD or CD of images returned, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- *2 minutes of video, film, sound or performance documentation = one work
- Image Requirements: You may submit up to 10 images. They must be in .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif file format. Minimum image resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Maximum file size 5MB per image.
- Files must be labeled in the following way: first name last name-title of artwork-1.ext, first name last name-title of artwork-2.ext, etc. The file number corresponds with the number on the list of works. (Ex. John Doe-Untitled-1.jpg)
- List of Works Form
- Artist statement and brief bio
- Residency proposal: Describe your project, goals for the residency, and how you will link your residency to the community.
- $15 application fee
Send all application forms and submissions to:
VisArts at Rockville
Attn: Exhibitions Department
155 Gibbs Street, Suite 300
Rockville, MD 20850