VisArts is looking for an artist to share one of our larger studios with Kate Westfall, one of our ceramic resident artists. Because of kiln space limitations we are not accepting applications from ceramic or glass artists. Studios are not closed so we cannot accept applications from artists using traditional oil paints.
This call shall be open through April 25, 2014 and a decision will be made by May 2, 2014.
- 355 square feet to be shared equally with current resident artist
- Abundant natural light
- Stainless steel sink with particulate trap
- 24/7 hour access to studio except when otherwise indicated by event staff. This most often occurs on Saturday afternoons and Saturday evenings when there are large events.
- Studio must be used primarily for the purpose of making art. While teaching is permitted, the studio is to be considered a working studio for the applicant
- Rent per month: $309.31
- Lease term is through May 30, 2015. There is no automatic right to renew the lease for additional terms.
- Artists must work thirty hours per week in their studios of which 15 hours must coincide with hours that the gallery is open to the public.
- In addition to working thirty hours per week, resident artists are required to participate in the monthly Third Thursday program and to have their studios open during all gallery openings.
Application Deadline: April 25, 2014
*Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Required Application Materials
- Application Form
- Images Submit 5 - 10 images of work produced during the past 3 years. Work samples can be a combination of high resolution photos and time-based media.
- Media Requirements: Images must be in .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif file format. Minimum image resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Maximum file size 5MB per image. 2 minutes of video, film, sound or performance documentation = one work. Up to 10 minutes total.
- List of Works Form
- Resident Artist Questionnaire
Apply online : Complete the online application and submit all images and required documents on the VisArts website, Click Here.
Apply by mail: All required application materials must be RECEIVED in our Administrative Offices (3rd floor) Download Application Forms.
Send or deliver all required application materials to:
VisArts at Rockville
155 Gibbs Street, Suite 300
Rockville, MD 20850
Make payment of Application Fee by check made payable to: VisArts (Please write "VisArts Open Call" in the memo line)