Date: Wednesday's from January 23 to March 13
Time: 12:00 to 2:00PM
Location: Painting & Drawing Studio (3rd floor)
This class is not currently open for registration. Please choose from one of our other classes.
Students will explore basic drawing techniques; media will include pencil, charcoal, conte crayon. By the end of the course students will -
- Have the ability to make accurate drawings from observation (translation of three dimensions to two dimensions).
- Identify the different types of line and use line expressively.
- Understand form and structure (fundamental geometric volumes) through multi drawing exercises.
- Use value (light and dark gradations) to convey specific information about light, form, space, weight and/or texture.
- Create the illusion of space by using linear and freehand perspective.
- Understand that drawing improves with practice and mistakes/corrections are necessary and desirable