Summer Camp FAQ
1. What does a typical camp day look like?
Camp is from 8:30-3pm.
Each Artistic Adventure camper rotates with his/her group through four different art activities throughout the day.
A typical day might look like this: (Classes and Schedule subject to changes)
8:55-10:00 Class 1
10:05-11:10 Class 2
11:15-12:25 LUNCH/Special Activity
12:30-1:35 Class 3
1:40-2:45 Class 4
2:45-3:00 Preparing for Dismissal
3:00-3:15 Pick up
2. How do you handle lunch?
Each camper should bring a non-perishable lunch and a drink with him/her to camp. Due to concerns about food allergies, campers may not share food with each other! We request that you do not include peanut products in lunches or snacks.
3. Do you offer extended camp?
Yes. Extended camp runs from 3-6 pm. Please register for this when you sign up for camp.
4. Does Extended Care provide snacks?
Yes, we will provide snacks and drinks. Snack includes assortments of juice, water, chips, pretzel, goldfish, and fruit snacks. Parent's are welcome to pack there own snacks, campers may not share food with each other! Do not include nut products in lunches or snacks.
5. How do I pick up my child from Extended Care?
Parent's or Authorize people come to the 3rd floor Extended Care classroom, last classroom down the hall. If campers are outside in the Town Square, there will be a note on the Administrative Office and a Camper Counselor will assist you.
6. Do you provide transportation to and from camp?
No, each child must be brought to the camp and checked in/out each day by either the parent or another authorized person. We only release children to those designated on the attached Transportation Form.
7. How does camp end?
There is NO Family Day this year. Camp projects go home when they are done. On the last day of camp, students will bring home all their projects.
8. What should I pack for my child and what should I leave home?
What to bring?
- Wear play clothes and sneakers (closed toe shoes)
- Pack water and a non-perishable lunch. If needed, your child can use a small backpack.
- If needed, extra clothes.
What not to bring?
- Toy, iPods, handheld computer games or other electronic entertainment systems.
*** The campers will not be allowed to play with them and VisArts cannot be responsible for them if they are lost. ***
- Shoes with wheels and open toe shoes are strictly prohibited.