VisArts Teen Art Institute at Richard Montgomery High School
VisArts Teen Art Institute gives middle and high school students the opportunity to explore, in depth, different art media with other interested teens and dynamic instructors. Camp will be held in the art and music rooms at Richard Montgomery. All teachers and staff have extensive experience in their media and are either MCPS teachers or professional working artists.
VisArts High School Art Camp: July 8th - July 19th
VisArts Middle School Art Camp: July 22nd - August 2nd
Morning sessions: 8:30 to 11:30 am
Afternoon session: 12:15 to 3:15 pm
- Ten percent discount for students who choose to take both a morning and an afternoon class.
- Special drop off and pick up area.
- Designated parking area for high school students with their own transportation.
- Students who register for both the morning and afternoon sessions may remain on campus for lunch. A supervised eating area will be provided for students attending both morning and afternoon sessions.
- Students attending the high school camp may leave the campus for lunch provided that parents give written permission for their student to leave.
- Students must be enrolled as a high school student for the school year 2013/14 in order to participate in the High School Art institute.
If you have questions about class content, please email Amy Weaver at
The VisArts Teen Art Institute is not affiliated or endorsed by Montgomery County Public Schools and is operated by the Metropolitan Center for the Visual Arts, a non profit organization committed to providing engaging and compelling interactions with all art forms through its galleries, resident artist program and education offerings. For more information about VisArts please visit our website.