OPEN CALL FOR CURATORIAL PROJECTS
Independent curators or representatives of artist guilds or groups may submit unsolicited curatorial project proposals for exhibitions in the Gibbs Street, Kaplan and/or Common Ground Galleries. The proposal must be a clear, well-written description of the curatorial project including the artists that will be presented in the show.
Up to five images are required and may include proposed installation drawings.
Submissions will be reviewed every December.
Please keep in mind that submission does not guarantee acceptance. Exhibition plans are made 2 years in advance.
Incomplete submission packages will not be reviewed.
Curators or artist groups/guilds who have organized an exhibition at VisArts within the past two years are not eligible to submit a curatorial proposal.
Application Deadline: December 9, 2016 at midnight (EST)
*Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Gibbs Street Gallery Floor Plan
Common Ground Gallery Floor Plan
Kaplan Gallery Floor Plan
Required Application Materials
- Application Form
- Images Submit 5 – 10 images of work produced during the past 3 years. Work samples can be a combination of high resolution photos and time-based media.
- Media Requirements: Images must be in .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif file format. Minimum image resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Maximum file size 5MB per image. 2 minutes of video, film, sound or performance documentation = one work. Up to 10 minutes total.
- List of Works Form
- Artist Statement (1 page maximum)
- Artist Biography (1 page maximum)
- Exhibition Proposal: Briefly describe the exhibition, installation or project for the gallery space.
- Application Fee ($15.00) – online application will require payment by credit card or Pay Pal
Apply online: Complete the online application and submit all images and required documents on www.submittable.com